Adobe Photoshop (Windows Only)

Adobe Photoshop Discussions Forum (Windows Only). Photoshop is a graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe. It is the current and primary market leader for commercial bitmap and image manipulation, and is the flagship product of Adobe Systems. It's the industry standard for graphics professionals. 

Keywords Adobe, Photoshop, Windows, CS2, username, organization, serial, missing, orinvalid

Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organization, or serial number is missing orinvalid.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
   Adobe Photoshop (Windows Only) Forum Index -> Adobe Photoshop (Windows Only)

AuthorMessage
Don_Gray (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organization,

I searched this PS CS topic:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/326496.html>

And did the regedit procedure, the PS.sif file is in the Required folder and I set the Adobe LM Service is set to automatic, but I'm still getting the, "Your Adobe Photoshop user name, organization, or serial number is missing or invalid.
The application cannot continue and must now exit." error message.
If I uninstall the program and reinstall it works fine, but if I don't access Photoshop CS2 for some time (week or more, not sure) I then get this error code again and must uninstall and reinstall to get the program to open normally.

Has this been addressed since PS CS1?
Are other still having the problem with PS CS2?

Don
Michael Lougee

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

I got a similar message last night, after months of using CS2, on Windows XP, successfully for months. Darn Frustrating...

I haven't (yet) done an uninstall/reinstall, partly because there might(must) be a better way, partly because I have the CS2 *upgrade* and I'm worried that if I uninstall, it'll be dumb enough to think it shouldn't install at all, because there's no *previous* version on the disk, since I've unstalled everything. Then I'm even more stuck, perhaps.

ALso, I want to put this CS2 on a new second computer, but when I tried that, it asked where the "prior" version of PS was, since I now have the CS2 *upgrade* version. I never had PS on this new laptop (a Tecra M4 tablet, very nice... I'm looking forward to PS on a Tablet, using the pen a lot, etc). Anyone have ideas for this issue? Do I need to go back a few versions (maybe PS5 or 5) when there was a *full* version, not an upgrade?
Bobby_Henderson (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

Just a dumb question: do you have any of the previous CDs?

I'm kind of a packrat I guess, having all my previous Photoshop (and other Adobe app) discs -even my old Photoshop 2.5 floppies. I had to keep them around since one version to the next seems more and more tricky in validating upgrades. Versions 3, 4 and 5 were easy. The 5 to 5.5 upgrade was tricky. And then my 5.5 to 6 disc wouldn't work right. I had to load the version 4 CD to get 6 to validate the media. Wierd.
Tom_w._Parker (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

Potential problem....
After purchasing CS upgrade...i sold my PS7 to cover some of the cost of the upgrade. What happens if i have to do a re-install. Since PS7 is gone will i have problems?
Sepen (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

You sure will - both legal and technical. Using one version to upgrade to the next means the second one is sort of an add-on to the first. You canít legally sell the first one...

Youíll have to contact Adobe if you ever need to reinstall and find out how sympathetic they are because you wonít be able to on your own n ow and they are under no real obligation to help you with this since you broke the license rules. Sad
ID._Awe (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

Nobody reads a EULA!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

This is standard across the industry, an upgrade is an upgrade to a previous version, locking the new version to the previous license.

No responses yet to the original post?
dave_milbut (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

...i sold my PS7 to cover some of the cost of the upgrade. What happens
if i have to do a re-install. Since PS7 is gone will i have problems?

you'll only have problems if ps7 was the full version. if it was an upgrade from a previous version you should be ok.

No responses yet to the original post?

have you tried to reinstall right over the previous installation?
Bob Levine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

Quote:
you'll only have problems if ps7 was the full version. if it was an upgrade from a previous version you should be ok.

Maybe not technical problems, but it's still a clear violation of the EULA.

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

No, there is no option to reinstall over the original install,
though there is the option to repair, but that doesn't fix the problem.
Uninstalling and reinstalling works.
I'm looking for a complete fix so I don't need the work around of uninstalling and reinstalling.

Thanks,
Don

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

what do you mean "no option"? pop the disk in and run setup. select the same folder.

but it's still a clear violation of the EULA.

I don't see it as being so clear.
Bob Levine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

All upgrades become a part of the latest license. It's quite clear,
actually.

Bob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

"what do you mean "no option"? pop the disk in and run setup. select the same folder."

Dave,
Do you have CS2?
Once the program is installed the only options to run from the setup disk are "repair" and "remove".

Don

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

hmm... haven't tried it. yea, i have cs 2.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Photoshop CS2: Your Adobe Photoshop username, organizati

Just happened again and I reinstalled and used it yesterday.
Guess I'd better find the official bug report form.
   Adobe Photoshop (Windows Only) Forum Index -> Adobe Photoshop (Windows Only)All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3